Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Mom, how do you know if our horse is a boy or girl horse?"

Addy asked today. Her horse is the neighbor's horse and lives in the pasture behind her house. "Oh Boy," I thought to myself, "How in the world am I supposed to answer that question in a manner that is appropriate for this little 5 year-old girl of mine." Well, I didn't even have to come up with some fabulous mom answer to avoid the boy vs. girl anatomy comment.

After just a moment of reflection, she answered her question, "It's a she horse because it has brown eye lashes." I giggled. Perfect! Never thought of it this way but this will work for now. Oh, the innocence of youth.

3 comments:

mechan said...

here is one for you
rainey: mom why do people get married
Me : some get married because they love each other some get married so they can have all the sex they want
Rainey : whats sex
MY mom : Melissa you opened that can of worms you answer:
Me:It is what to people do when they decide to have a baby:
Rainey : do you have sex left in you because I really want a sister
Me: Well we will see on the sister part . I didn't answer her about the if i had sex left in me Shows that i have to be careful about what i say around my 6 year old daughter

Jen B. said...

Mel, what a crack up. This story made me chuckle.

Chel said...

Okay Jen I'm a blog-hopper! I found your site from Robyns. Good to hear you are doing so well. Call it nervous curiosity since we're counting down the months until being done with residency...Love this story, definitely made me smile! Michelle P.