Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Can I just keep her little forever?

Today was Bo's 2 year-old check up (but she is 2 1/2 now -- yep, I always procrastinate Dr. appointments). She is now 36 1/2 inches tall and 35 pounds -- not even a little baby anymore. Where did the time go? I was longing to have my little newborn back so I decided to go through some pictures of her during her first year. She was such a pretty and good baby. She loved to sleep, loved to eat and loved to watch what everyone else was doing. She was also our miracle baby. During her first ultrasound we were told that she would have severe brain damage (maybe hydrocephaly), then at 20 weeks we were told that she may have Down's Syndrome, then at 38 weeks they told us that she has severe malformation of her cerebellum. After she was born we were told that she was possibly blind, then that she had fluid on her brain due her her large head, then that she had ligamentous abnormalities. Just look at her now -- perfect in EVERY way. She is our little miracle and has bought so much joy to your family. She is smart and funny and dramatic and helpful -- she completes us.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I have a baby that I wanna freeze too. If he could just stay like he is right now - forever and ever - I'd be one happy mama! She's a cutie!