Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another funny thing during scripture time...

happened tonight. I am not sure why these guys keep coming up with some fun and smart things right before bedtime-- maybe it is because during the day I may be too distracted to really listen, I don't know but all I do know is that I have to share. So, I was trying to get the kids in the room for scripture study tonight and they were kind-of rambunctious. When I would get one kid in the room, another would think that they had to leave to do something or had to ask me a question. So, I resorted to the comment, "If it is not a matter of Life or Death I want you to come in the bedroom and sit down reverently for scriptures." Hunter then stood right before me and said, "Mom, It is about life and death. You know, even if people die, you can still keep them right here (he taps his chest)... in your heart. You can even feel them when they are round watching over you. And sometimes, when you really want to see them, maybe you can dream about them and get your own vision of how they are doing." You know, he is one wise kid. I realize that I just need to stop and chat with my kids a little more often because I learn so much from them everyday. I think he really missed Grandma B.
Here is a little picture I took of Hunter just the other day (yes, I know -- even though it is in the end of March, we are still freezing and expect more snow this weekend). He is giving me his serious face -- fun, fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad your blogging!!!!

I went back on some of your post and here is my good-for-nothing opinion about the first plan you posted. First, Is the great room going to be your family or living room? If its your living room I would scale down a touch, we use ours occasionally and glad I have it in the entrance area, but put the majority of your space in the kitchen, eating, family room. I love the hearth room angled and the nook rounded - thats what really makes it custom looking. If the hearth room is going to be your family room I would throw more footage on it. I saw the other plan you posted later, but couldnt read what all the rooms are. My house is straight like that one and I wish I had a few more angles and curves. Up in the WM I would have a fireplace in the family room, my bedroom and any other space you would spend alot of time. Other than that, its just for looks (which is ok too) Im really glad we have 1300 feet on another level, up or down, it makes the house feel more like mine and Bills rather than kids rooms every where. Im so excited for you getting to build, but wish you were doing it in Queen Creek:-(

Holly said...

He's a cutie! Hey - where'd you go? You were on a roll there. Just wondering what you guys are up to.

Kendra said...

Hi Jen - I am making my blog private finally and need your email. You can email me at brocnkendra@hotmail.com. Thanks

Annelise H. Jensen said...

Hi Jen! I love your blog!

James Myers said...

Hey, I saw that the new president of the Los Angeles temple is a Brother Brimhall. Any relation? Just wondering.