Saturday, July 4, 2009

Some reunion fun...

I mentioned in another entry what a wonderful time we had at the Jensen Family reunion. Now that I have downloaded the pictures, I can let you get a peak into all the fun that we had. I can honestly say that it was one of the best times of my life -- one of those moments that when you look back on it, you smile. As I post these pictures I want to go over some of the highlights:
  • Hunter catching the first sand dollar -- we were all in awe. They are so cool.
  • Playing soccer on the beach with Champion Uncle Dave and back-up Aunt Annie. Kadan kept trying to steal the ball (being the ultimate competitor) and unexpectantly got a cannonball to the chest.
  • Hunter and Addy learning to fly a kite with Aunt Karen.
  • The marvelous game of PIT where Jody finally one (after several years of losing streaks) and dove across the table to hit the bell.
  • Chicken fights in the ocean.
  • Old guys verses young guys in basketball with the Old guys being victorious
  • Endless relaxing family time
  • The Ridiculous sunburns of Jack, Miranda and Nick and rejoicing for the invention of sunshirts (and my kids wearing them) so that everyone else slept well at night.
  • Uncle Jay (just after a total shoulder) and Cousin Darsha (making a 12 hour journey with 5 small children) definitely win the troopers of the reunion awards
  • Awesome t-shirts designed by Dave that made us look so cool in the pictures
  • The family tree presentation -- with all the memories, laughter and tears of over 4 generations -- I cannot wait to see the quilt!!!
  • Beach time and more beach time.
  • Chatting with Katie
  • The "back-hair" story of Dad and Uncle Carl -- I laughed until I cried.
  • The car rental experience -- one thing about Jensen's -- when they feel like their is injustice they band together then fight and fight until they are victorious.
  • Singing (of course with perfect harmony -- Jensen's LOVE to sing) for Father's Day.







More to come...

1 comment:

The Amayesings said...

What is that thing they're holding 4th pic up?

Had to ask that first. Sounds like you had so much fun. I'm glad we got to chat while you had a minute. Loved hearing the story about the haunted inn. SCARY!

I'm so glad you had so much fun! Hug the kids for us.