Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our fisherman extraordinar...

is Mr. Kadan. He can even catch fish with his bare hands. Let me explain....

We live next to a lake that is covered in moss but that doesn't deter Kadan. A few days ago he begged me to take him fishing so after he spent an hour getting the poles ready I just could not say no. So, away we went. First to the private fishing hole across the street then to the public dock a 1/2 mile away. With each cast he caught something -- MOSS. He was devastated. He wanted to catch a fish so bad but since the moss is so thick, every cast brought with it loss bait and tons of green foliage. I finally gave up and started walking home with the kids in tow but undeterred snuck away for a minute. To my surprise, Kadan came running towards me soaking wet just a few moments later with a little catfish. With the hugest little boy buck teeth grin he exclaimed, "I told you I would get one. I just had to jump in and scoop one up in the stream."

Way to go KADAN!!!

1 comment:

The Amayesings said...

Where there's a will, there's a way. Way to go Kadan!