Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy 4th of July...

just a few weeks late.

We had a wonderful 4th. Starting on the 3rd with the kids' 1st Rodeo (btw -- Kadan decided that bull riding just did NOT look very fun -- thank goodness for that). Then in the morning we went to the Show Low Parade and had the perfect location. We got tons of candy and soaked by the fire hoses -- just perfect for a warm summer day. After going to see Ice Age the meltdown we venture to the city fire works. Piled in the back of Ian's truck -- we had the most perfect view with an easy, no wait, way out of the parking lot.

Don't you just love the "oohs and ahhs" from your kids with each explosion of the fireworks? And "oh, that one is my favorite" or "whoa, that one was huge,"it's the finale"!!! I cannot count how many times I heard those phrases that night but I could hear them 1 million times more.

It was just a wonderful time.

6 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

I love that picture of your kids looking at the fire truck! What cute cowboys and cowgirls!

The Lunds said...

I second that. I love, love, love looking at pictures of your kids! You capture some really great moments and poses. They always look like Ralph Lauren kids to me. Now if I can just remeber to use my own camera!

Love,
Margo

ThurberGang said...

Looks picture perfect, as usual, Jen. . . Miss Addy looks like she got a haircut. . .? Glad that you're having those perfect moments that make life worth living. . . and makes trudging through the bad stuff a little less messy. Loved talking to you the other day. Sorry for the Willie Nelson tribute, but "you're always on my mind" comes to mind right now!! Ha . . .

The Amayesings said...

CUTE outfits!! Did they get hot?

Jen B. said...

Not here when it was in the 70's for the 4th.

Lisa said...

How cute!!! I love them all together with their backs towards the camera watching the parade. I love the girls skirts!!!!