Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh my little Kadan...

sometimes I just have to wonder what to do with him. These last few weeks have been a challenge. He has been pushing the limits on EVERYTHING. I have even thought about sending him away to boot camp -- grandma boot camp that is (she always says, give her a week and the kids will be in tip top shape). Yesterday was just like the others -- refusing to get dressed on time, telling me that he didn't have homework but actually did, not listening to adults (even the Bishop during Relief Society meeting), picking on Addy, etc. etc. etc. I was getting fed up. All these time outs and grounding are getting me (and him) down.


So, last night during my prayers I was given inspiration -- Just LOVE Him. Love him enough to talk to him about all his boyish stuff. Spend some alone time with him. Compliment him and tell him how much you love him and how proud you are of him. Give him attention -- he is acting out because he wants to be notice. And, finally, love him enough to discipline and stick with it.


Well, this morning I woke Kadan up a little earlier than normal. I cuddled with him, tickled his neck and ears (he loves that) and told him how smart and sweet he was and that proud I was of him. We piggy-backed down the stairs and then off he was to find Hunter. A few minutes later, while I was making breakfast, Kadan came in the kitchen and started setting the table. He helped me with breakfast and called the kids to the table to eat. He was warm, he was friendly, and he was happy. He is such a good boy.


I thank that Lord everyday for inspiration on how to be a better mom and to love my kids.



I just LOVE this messy face, beautiful blue-eyed, energetic, toothless little guy!

No comments: