Monday, September 8, 2008

There is NO such things as terrible 2's...

there are only TERRIBLE 3's!!!!! Honesty, I have never had a problem with my kids when they were 2 -- this is a terrific age for me. They are walking and starting to have real conversations with you. They are jewels during this time (one of my favorite ages). But when they hit 3, just watch OUT! It cannot get any worse than this. Temper tantrums, "mine" and rebellions are out of control.

My perfect little angel Bo is no different. She has become the worst one out of the bunch. But she started off so mellow. As a baby she rarely cried and if she did it was just a whimper. She was happy and giggly and content. She would just look around and if she was cuddled she just melted in your arms. I was even able to sit through all my church meetings without having to take her out. She was my easiest baby. Now, oh boy! She cries if her stickers don't go on the page just right or if she is put to bed or if she can't put on her clothes easily or if I am fixing her hair or if I leave the room or if she does not get everything that she wants right now!!!!! I must admit that I am going crazy. I find myself daydreaming during her fits just to get through them without freaking out.

I was going through my camera and found the pictures of her on her 3rd birthday -- can I just say what a little sweet thing? Smiling so cute -- she looked like a perfect princess.

Now, just 3 weeks later HOLY COW! Anyone want to trade? (this is not a permanent trade, just a trade 'til she hits say 3 1/2). I even had to take a picture of her just for memory sake. This is when she was finally settling down after crying for over 15 minutes because she wants a puppy and I told her "not yet."

6 comments:

The Amayesings said...

That's so funny! My sister and I negotiated a trade--my Zach for her Skye. Though, the trade's SO even that we decided just to keep our own 3-yr-olds and tough it out.

(What prompted the conversation is that we had both driven for hours to our sister's wedding and each of our kids named above drove us just about CRAZY with the yelling, demanding that we turn around and go home, crying, more yelling, pouting, etc.)

ThurberGang said...

I'm with Tia. I'll trade you Vivie, but I'm afraid you'd be sorely disappointed! She's shocking - matter of factly disobedient. And the bedtimes. . . oh MY. Sorry to hear that we're on the same page right now - although I shouldn't be surprised. Those two have been so similar from day one. They need to be together. . .

Robyn said...

I totally agree with you!! I have always said the same thing about my girls. It's THREE that is so terrible!! Good luck, Jen...I'll be thinking of you during our next meltdown.

Stacie and Family said...

I think there must have been something in the water when these little girls were born! Amelia can be so sweet and then turn around and scream/screech like there's no tomorrow. Our girls have always hit terrible 2's early, around 18 months. Then we normally get a reprieve from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years before the settled in to terrible 4's six months early. By 4 1/2 we seem to be in a good place. Not Amelia! She was a hard baby, almost the opposite of your mellow little angel, and with time she turned into the sweetest and funniest little girl. Just when you think you have your kids figured out...By mid July this year she started screaming and crying unlike she's ever done before. We have daily meltdowns now over small stuff or big stuff, it doesn't matter. I can only hope this is a brief phase for all of us!

Stacie and Family said...

Oh, and I must say Jen, every time I see pictures on your blog I think you have the most BEAUTIFUL kids. Wow, those beautiful eyes!!

Tulip Girl said...

Lydi, what are you doing?
I don't know.
Please stop.
NO-I DON'T WANT TO.

yep-3 1/2 sucks for girls.

Lydi, what did you make a puddle right in front of the toilet?
Because I wanted to.
Can we try to sit on the toilet?
NO-I DON't WANT TO.
Well, I guess you don't want any chocolate.
Nope.

And I have a theory-easy baby-terrible toddler.