Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. How about you, you, you...

You can come too, too, too. We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. This one of my favorite catchy songs that my kids taught me. Every time we go to the zoo, I constantly sing this in my head. Well, on Monday was Kadan's school field trip to the zoo. It was such a pleasure to spend time with just Kadan. We had a wonderful time talking about life, taking pictures and looking at the animals. While absorbing the excitement of the moment, Kadan decided that his calling in life was to be a wildlife photographer when he grows up. I think that would be totally cool and would suit him just fine. Traveling around the world risking your life to capture a moment that has not yet been seen by others would be so exhilarating. He took over 100 pictures (thank goodness for digital). Here are some of his best.
The Famous Water Tower. Kadan did such a great job with this one. He was in a park across the parking lot which was covered with trees and quite far from the tower. He took his time, zoomed in the best he could and got this great picture.Kadan says that this little girl is the nicest girl in class. Out of all the kids playing in the Zooventure he had to run up to her and take this picture. Even in the noon sun, he did a wonderful job.
He took this one in the butterfly house. My lens was all fogged up (that is what happens when you go from in the 30's to the warm tropics) but he captured this cool picture of the butterfly in flight. Of course I have to post one that he took of me -- he would be sad if I didn't. Despite the chubby double chin and harsh lighting, it is a fun picture. Here Kadan took a picture of a picture. On display at the zoo was some amazing pictures from Ben Osborne, Shell's 2007 wildlife photographer of the year. Here is the link to these amazing photos: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/ His photographs are totally amazing. I am sure that his work inspired Kadan's ambition to be a wildlife photographer.

No comments: