Monday, February 25, 2008

Another fun church moment yesterday...

(which was not so GROSS as the booger incident) happened with Addy. She was practicing her counting during church (and may I add that she is a wonderful counter -- can count up to 40 without a problem) and all of a sudden had an epiphany (just had to use that word -- it has been one of my favorites since I learned it from Mrs. Kelly in my "Block" class during 10th grade at Mountain View). Now that she has been 5 for 4 days, she has been realizing may new things that come with this older age. So, she started counting on her fingers ... 1, 2, 3...then next hand 6, 7... all the way to 10. In an amazed voice she said, "Mom, I have 10 fingers. Isn't that so awesome..." She then paused for a long time, crossed her arms, sat up as tall as she could and with total conviction said, "And I can PROVE it." I couldn't help but smile. I am so proud of her.

No comments: