Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Making the right decision...

can definitely be hard, especially when you are only 9. This past Sunday was the opening day for the boy's baseball team. They had a parade, the Detroit Tigers and lots of food during the festivities. On Thursday, I told the boys of the activities and that they would be on Sunday. Then I asked them to make the decision to go to keep the Sabbath day Holy or to play ball. We weighed the options and talked about how last year not playing in the first game (which was also on Sunday) really had a large impact on the positions that they were able to play the rest of the season. Instantly Hunter started to cry and said, "Mom, it is so hard to make the right choice. I really want to play baseball but I love Jesus more. I wish I did not have to make the choice." I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him and trusted him that he would make the right decision. The next day he came to me and told me that no matter what he would go to church to show Jesus how much he loved him even if he missed the opening day. I am so proud of him.