Monday, September 7, 2009

A mother's best moment...

comes with each birth, each baptism, each little heart to heart talk with your little ones. I have been blessed with so many of these best moments lately.

Kadan's baptism was beautiful and I am so proud of him. We have had many mom and son talks over the last few days and each one touched my heart. He is so inquisitive now and tries so hard to do what is right. He is a sweet and wise boy.

Tonight we were reading the scriptures together (Kadan has a goal to read all the scriptures starting with Genesis) and had a precious moment. We talked about Jesus and talked about how Kadan was trying to follow his example. He then said, "Jesus is the greatest person on the Earth." He then started to talk about Jesus' Mom.

"Mom," he said, "Do you think that Jesus' Mom was the best mom on the earth?" I thought for a moment and said, "I bet she was the most amazing mom on the earth." Kadan then shook his head, smiled up and me and said, "No, I don't think she was the best mom because you are the best mom on the earth. Maybe she was second best."

I just love this little boy. He is so forgiving and so loving. I hope to be a righteous mother to him so he will continue to be proud of me. Love you Kadan.

5 comments:

mechan said...

What a sweet boy you have .Noah told grandma yesterday she was the nicest person he knew I asked about me he said sometimes you are nice.

The Kalcichs said...

You are an amazing mom, Jen. I love hearing about the way you teach your children the gospel. What an awesome example you are.

Emilie said...

How sweet! I love reading your blogs, they are so cute and wonderful! Makes my dad a little brighter to read it :)

ThurberGang said...

I'm with Ann - You are such a great example of teaching your children the gospel, thanks for sharing these moments. And PLEASE come over anytime to sew!!!! I thought of your conference sewing marathons when I was making those clothes!

Melissa J. said...

I'm glad his baptism went so well! You'll have to post some pics of the big day!